Monday, April 7, 2008

General Conference Weekend

I love Conference Weekend! 


Conference is family time. It was different this time around since it was the first General Conference we have watched with Nelson. We didn't hear every word, but he did a good job trying to be quiet! He definitely made us slow down a bit since people love to get together during conference. It was nice to be at home and together all four sessions (since every minute we weren't watching conference Richard's mom had him helping her). 

Conference is spiritually fed time. Great talks with messages to help you improve yourself. What is better than that? Of course, I really loved the messages about mothers... now that I am one!

Conference is mission reunion time. The Romania Bucuresti mission has a mission reunion every conference! I love it! I love seeing the missionaries I served with or taught at the MTC! This mission reunion was no exception. My mission president and his wife just got called on a temple mission to Sweden, so they will be there for the next two years. I will miss them since I really do think of them as an extra set of parents. 


2 comments:

M said...

I absolutely love your mission pres. and his wife!!! I remember like it was yesterday staying at their house in Romania. Such wonderful memories!

Mardee Rae said...

We love the mission reunions, too. I probably wouldn't like them if you weren't there, though, let's be honest. Spencer would. Oh, and I looked at those photo shoot pics before I read about them, and I was going to ask you for the photographers info because I really need to take some good pics of Cadence and can't find a photographer I like. That's so cool it was just at your neighbors. I love them. As you know, the kid is so cute I have to giggle.