Sunday, June 28, 2009

Quick Catch Up!

Now that I have plenty of time to just sit here and do nothing, I decided to play catch up on our blog. We have had a pretty busy Summer already, and I don't know what to think now that it has come to a screeching halt. I guess I will just enjoy thinking about all the fun things we have done already like:


GOING TO THE AQUARIUM AS A FAMILY!

GOING WITH FRIENDS TO THE ZOO, DINOSAUR MUSEUM AND FARM COUNTRY!

TOURING THE NEW CHURCH HISTORY LIBRARY!

AND, PLAYING WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF COUSINS IN PANACA, ST. GEORGE & OREM!

It was great seeing my brother's family from Australia, my sister's family from California, and Richard's sister's family from Maryland. We loved running around seeing everyone and playing all day long! We also threw in some church calling outings and, of course, neighbor time to fill up the last month!

Now I am down for the next week-and-a-half. I had surgery on both of my feet last Thursday. Nothing big, just preventative to try to help my feet so they don't get as bad as my Mom's. I haven't had a lot of pain so far, just discomfort and pressure. I go to the doctor tomorrow and hope he says I can walk around a little more... it's hard being confined to the recliner! My awesome Dad and angel niece, Destiny, are headed up this direction right now to help me out this week while Richard is at work. I am so thankful they are coming! I also have to give a huge shout out to Richard! He has been an incredible husband and Dad this weekend. He has been so good with Nelson and hardly ever gotten annoyed with all of my requests. I'm so lucky to have him by my side!

7 comments:

M said...

holy cow, you haven't blogged in awhile and in that time, nelson has gotten SO BIG! he is such a little stud! i hope you heal up fast and can be back on your feet again soon. i'm so glad you guys are having such a great summer!

J♥M said...

I have a love/hate relationship with summer! It's so busy it makes up for all those yucky winter months where we're stuck in the house and sick.
I had no idea you're confined to the recliner! What can I do to help? I'm so glad you have help on the way and that Richard's a good man!
I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Margaret said...

Jeanne-Marie, thanks so much for coming down to see us when we were in Orem! I have a really cute picture of Nelson I need to share. Sorry Lucie was so fussy that day.

May your feet heal quickly. It's good you are taking care of them and looking ahead. Jonathan's had major issues with plantar fasciitis and even had surgery on his feet when he was 20, but by then the problem was already advanced and his feet were in bad shape. So he will probably never run a marathon! (Neither will I, so it's okay.)

The Larsen's said...

Wish I were closer to come help you out! Your little guy isn't so little anymore! Hopefully your recovery is speedy!

spideybrian said...

Man, I'm sorry about your feet!!! That sucks, but at least you have the help from awesome people. Nelson is pretty much huge...crazy, totally doesn't have the baby face anymore!! too cute!

Ashlee said...

Nelson is getting SO big! What did that happen?!!

Marylynn said...

I can't believe how big Nelson is. Jenna finally started walking yesterday. She has been taking steps here and there but yesterday she started walking everywhere. Sounds like a pretty busy summer, ours as been crazy and it won't slow down until school starts. Hopefully you can recover well from your surgery!