Yesterday, I did have a cool experience, though, that helped me get excited about baby #2 to come. My good friend, Lindsey, had her baby - a boy! Her husband is in the National Guard and at a training camp until July in Georgia, so, obviously, he wasn't there. Our other friend stayed the night at the hospital with her while she was in labor and then came and got me the next morning. We actually missed the birth by minutes (thanks to blasted road construction and a super fast delivery), but I stayed with Lindsey for the next few hours after the birth. It was really cool to see her hold her baby for the first time, analyze his little features, and just be totally in love with this new child of hers. You see, I have a hard time imagining my life any different than what it is at that moment (I can't even remember what it's like to wear my regular clothes). When people ask me if I am excited or nervous to have a second child, I can't answer them because I don't know how it will be - I can't even imagine it. I'm sure I will magically love my little boy, just like I did with Nelson. I'm sure he will just squeeze his way into our lives and in three months, I'll feel like life didn't exist without him. I just can't imagine it right now. But, Lindsey did help me get a glimpse of the love and excitement I will have when I have my own newborn. Thank you, Lindsey, for letting me be a part of that experience with you!
People have also been asking me about how I think Nelson will do. I really don't think he has any idea about what's going on. He kisses my stomach and has said the baby's name before, but that doesn't mean he knows there really is a baby in there. As for how I think he will do, I think he'll do just fine. He may have moments, but I don't really expect anything but kindness and love coming from him. His whole life I have just kind of expected him to be kind and loving. I try to show him those qualities and expected him to show them to me and others in return. He definitely is not perfect (especially when Cars toys are in the picture), but overall I think he's turning out to be a pretty great kid! I know he loves me more than anything in the world and tries to act in a way to show me that love. Having high expectations and teaching good values is the only way I know how to mother because that was my example growing up. So, once again, I think he will do just fine.
I am slowly starting to do things to get ready for the baby. I'm only at 32 weeks, I got time, right? It seriously, though, has been hard to find the time to get ready for this baby. Within the past two weeks; I have bought new sheets, some diapers, and a sit-n-stand stroller (thanks, KSL). I want to paint a race car track on the boys' room wall and rearrange the furniture in there. We'll see if it happens before the baby is born. I have been pushing Richard to finish his projects for the year before May. He is in the middle of building a built in bookcase/desk across one of the walls in our loft. Hopefully he and my brother-in-law will finish it this weekend. Then, I can get him to work on my projects!
Anyway, just some little thoughts I've had about the arrival of boy #2 in our house!




5 comments:
I'm totally thinking the same way you are...I am more than ready to be done with this pregnancy though...so uncomfortable, and would like to breathe normally again :)! I'm so excited for you! Sad that I'm not around for our littlest ones to become acquainted too.
I am excited for you! It's so hard what to expect with every baby because after having 3 they were all very different. Jonas did awesome when I had Bella. Bella did okay and I will probably never find out what Jenna would do if we had another baby. Although Bella never really wanted anything to do with Jenna when she was born but she never was mean to her. Good Luck with baby #2!
I felt the same way. But it will pass. Like you said when you hold them and they are here it changes. He will fall into your life and it will seem like he has been there all along. People asked me about Parker and the baby but it has been no big thing. He loves her and is such a good big brother. Kids are great they just go with things and they are more understanding then we think. You will do just fine.
i was so nervous about having a second child because I felt like I was turning on my first or something. I had a lot of weird feelings, but it's funny how things change once they're born. I am excited for you to have another little boy! Cruise just LOVES his little brother...I'm sure Nelson will love his so much too!
You're an awesome mama! You'll all be just fine!
Post a Comment