Nelson had a fabulous 1st Easter! Well, at least I thought it went pretty well!
On Saturday, we had a ward/neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt at the park down the street. Nelson didn't get out of his stroller, but he had a fun time playing with his toys while his parents socialized. I couldn't decide which picture I liked the best of him that day, so here are a few. He is just too cute!
When Richard & I were engaged, we started our first Easter tradition. Since we love to dress-up, we (well, okay, I) decided to buy hats to use as Easter baskets. That way every year we get new hats for our dress-up box. This year Richard chose a viking hat, I chose a Audrey Hepburn inspired hat, and Nelson chose a little construction hat. (The picture is bad, but you can kinda see the hats.)
We had such a fun morning with the hats and eating yummy cinnamon rolls, Nelson had to take a nap before going to church. Here he is in his little Easter Sunday outfit. If you can't tell, I love to dress him in "little man" clothes. I can't help it. I think they are so cute! And the clothes on him, even cuter!
We ended our Easter with a tasty dinner at our house. We had my brother, Roger, and my sister, Mary, and her fiance' over! It was great to be with family as we celebrated Easter!




4 comments:
I love the hat tradition. Hristos A Inviat! (I don't know how to spell that). I love your blog. I wish I could come live at your place! We may as well, I don't even have a husband most of the time! Check out my blog, I have some really great news to post coming soon!
he is such a cutie! i love the hat he's wearing! adorable! i wish i could've dressed cruise up in his easter outfit :( cute tradition by the way! you're so creative!
That is a sweet idea to get new hats to use as Easter baskets! I might just steal that one- you are one clever cookie there Jean-Marie!!! Cute pics too by the way- I love the blue hat on Nelson and his little Easter outfit is precious!!!
Billy, I love the hat idea! That is so creative and clever! We usually do sand buckets, just because the kids can use them all summer, so I find that convenient, but the hat idea is so original!!!
And I LOVE Nelson's little blue cap--cutest thing I've ever seen!
Post a Comment