Friday, January 9, 2009

Holiday Updates

If some of you may have thought I fell off the face of blogger, it's true, I did.  Luckily I found my way back and am excited to catch up reading your blogs and letting you know what pulled me away from the mighty blogging world.

Well, let's begin with CHRISTMAS!  It still was strange waking up in my own house for Christmas but Nelson definitely made it fun.  He is his mother's child and woke up at 4:00 a.m. (which was not the norm).  And, look how happy (picture below) he was at that early hour! Richard was a good sport and let us go down that early.  Six hours later we had some of our good neighborhood friends over for breakfast.  The rest of the day was spent relaxing since it was snowing outside.  My parents came the next day and spent a few days with us.  It was great to have some one-on-one time with them!

On New Year's Eve morning (5:00 a.m. to be exact - yes, I do wake up way too early), we headed to Chico, California.  The weather was great across Nevada and Nelson did pretty good with the twelve hour drive.  My brother-in-law planned a great fondue party to celebrate New Year's.  The food was great and it was awesome to be at my sister's house, but we were SO tired from the drive (as you can see in the picture below).  I watched the ball drop in NYC on t.v. and was in bed by 9:05 (California time).   

The next morning I helped my sister decorate a Barbie cake for my nieces' birthday party.  My mom made cake like the one below for us on our birthday.  It was a lot harder for us than we remember it was for our mom.  

We had a great time with my nieces and seeing old friends.  We went to Richard's old roommate's wedding on the 2nd at the Sacramento Temple.  It was great to be there for that.  Other than that, we just hung out at my sister's house.  I think it was the first vacation in a long time that I just chilled and didn't worry about a thing.  It was great!  We were planning on coming home this past Monday but the weather was bad so we didn't get back until Wednesday.  We are glad to be home!


6 comments:

7packofbearss said...

Welcome home!! Glad your holidays were fun.

J♥M said...

Glad you made it home safe! Welcome back to the boggity bogging world. You were missed! Nelson sure looks excited in that picture!

Britt said...

Nelson looks so happy! I noticed the sippy cup in the background. Glad that was one of his favorites too!

KarliSue said...

I'm glad you are home also!! I love the cake. Those Barbie cakes are so much harder to make then they look. So for Kiana's birthday are you up for coming over and helping me??

Stephanie said...

I am so glad you are back! Loved the cake and I cant believe how big your little guy is getting, they grow up fast.

Lynette Callister said...

I finally added you to my blog friend list, hope you don't mind........
Good to see you today.