This morning I was reading online at Time.com about the "People of the Year". I ran across this person that many of you may have heard about. I did not read the books but watched the movie (and then listened to the first book on CD - thanks, Ashlee) and liked it. Anyway, I thought all of you Twilight fans would be interested in finding out that Mrs. Meyer was one of the 17 people highlighted for "People Who Mattered in 2008". I especially liked the comments below the picture. Enjoy!
Stephenie Meyer

Maybe Americans aren't ready for a Mormon presidential nominee yet. But they're more than ready to anoint a Mormon as the best-selling novelist of the year. The hero of Meyer's Twilight series — and hit movie — is a vampire named Edward who doesn't kill people and declines to sleep with, or bite, his girlfriend Bella. Meyer's religious upbringing taught her something few writers grasp, that fantasies can be about restraint as well as excess. Sometimes nice girls do finish first.
—Lev Grossman




2 comments:
That's cool. I haven't read the Twilight series, I think I just like being a part of the minority, but I appreciate that a mormon got such positive recognition.
Oh and I love the toilet in the phone post...I'm sure I'll be telling you my stories of Zak in 6 months!
Awesome.
Post a Comment