Monday, December 1, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, BIRTHDAY & WEDDING!

This past week was filled with lots of festivities for us! We went down to my parents' house and had Thanksgiving with five of my siblings and their families. It was great to be with so many people and see a lot of my nieces and nephews... I met four new ones (my new sister-in-law's kids)! I didn't get a picture of Thanksgiving Day(thanks, Mom, for all of the delicious food - Richard especially loved the stuffing), but I did take this picture the day before. The little nieces loved having Richard read story after story to them.
The next day was Richard's birthday! I tried to dedicate the day to doing "Richard things". Don't worry, I woke up early (4:00) and went with my brother-in-law to do the Black Friday shopping, but we were mostly finished and back to make Richard his birthday breakfast by 6:15. Nelson even gave his Dad a birthday present by sleeping in - by Nelson's standards. The rest of the day was spent book shopping and eating (two of Richard's favorite things). The day before on our way to St. George, we stopped by Mountain Meadow Massacre and I gave him his main present - the new book on the massacre. He loves church history! He also loves Thai food! We went to a Thai place for lunch. This is Richard & Nelson in front of the restaurant.


Richard loves to go to used bookstores to find books about Church History. Here he is in all his glory!

And, Nelson trying to be like his Daddy!

On Saturday, my brother, Roger, was married at the Pine Valley chapel in southern Utah. We found out on Tuesday that he was getting married that weekend. It was really fast and crazy, but I am so happy for Roger & Angela! Here is a picture of the happy couple, my oldest sister and me.

Of course Richard loved being at this historical site! The Pine Valley Chapel is the oldest chapel still in use. Isn't it beautiful?

4 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving, but I'm also glad you're back in town. Margaret was asking to "see Nelson" today. Hey, I have my empty picture frames together, but I need your help deciding which pictures I should put up where. Can you come over sometime this week?

ashlee sheppard said...

I happy you guys had a good time and that you got home safe. See you tonight at dance.

Britt said...

Happy Birthday Richard! Looks like you had a fun weekend. :)

Mosley family said...

Cute pics!!!
Ok, I am waiting for you to tell me you are pregnant because about 15 people I know, including my sister are now! any news??? :) Seven months later, I haven't joined the preggers ranks yet....one day... :)