Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Hats & Suits


We had a great Easter!  On Saturday, I made a ham, funeral potatoes, and my family's traditional pink cottage cheese salad; and then we headed over to Richard's parents' house.  One of Richard's brothers and his family joined us over there for the great feast.  Besides the great food, we also had a little egg hunt inside (due to the rain) and also had a spiritual message.  Nelson had fun with cousins and there was just enough left-overs for Richard's parents and us for dinner the next day!
On Easter Sunday, we started the day getting our Easter hats (remember, we get new hats instead of baskets).  The boys got matching ties and sunglasses, and I got a cheap, little MP3 player to use while exercising.  

I had fun dressing everyone up for Easter Sunday!  I bought Nelson's baby blue three-piece suit over a year ago when we were buying my sis's wedding dress at a store going out of business.  I got a great deal on it and have been waiting patiently for it to fit him.  I also had lots of patience with Richard's new suit.  He got a new suit for Christmas, but it was sized wrong.  Almost four months, three suits, and hemming the pants(done by my Mom during conference last weekend) later; Richard has an Easter-err-Christmas suit!  Here the boys are showing off their matching ties:

I could not get Nelson to look at me for a picture in his suit, so here are the shots I got of him just being a cute little boy (not looking at the camera):



12 comments:

M said...

what an adorable suit! i've always wanted to get Cruise one, but haven't found a good sale yet. Adorable!

Kalista said...

Sounds like you had a great Easter! How long have you been doing Easter hats? Its a fun idea! I love Nelson's suit, he looks so cute!

Eliza said...

Jima! Your family is adorable. I love your little boys hair.

7packofbearss said...

He started not cooperating already? Oh well. He looks darn cute anyways.

One mom said...

He looks like a little man in his darling suit. How cute. Happy Easter!

Britt said...

Love the suit. He's always sooo stylish!

Erin said...

I didn't get a chance to tell you how cute you all looked on Sunday! thanks for blogs I can tell you now...you looked so cute!

Mardee Rae said...

I'm dying. Powder blue suit. You have effectively said to the world, "Take that, world!!! I can have just as much fun as you moms of girls!!!" Way to not let that little Y chromosome slow you down! He's so flipping cute.
Oh, and "Hristos a inviat!" (sp?)

ashlee sheppard said...

it looks like you guys had a great Easter your little guy looks so cute in his outfit. you all looked great

Mosley family said...

Awww, it is cute!! I am getting more excited now about having a boy. A community next to me is having a group garage sale, with hundreds of homes doing it. Maybe there will be some cute stuff for my guy!!!

Ashlee said...

Oh my goodness! Nelson is so handsome! Love, love love the suit!

Unknown said...

I love his hair. Love that boy!