Wednesday, May 28, 2008

10 Years, 2 Years, & 1 Sad Baby

10 Years!
On Friday, we headed out to Nevada for my 10 year class reunion! Yep, that's right, I graduated from high school 10 years ago! A LOT has happened in those 10 years. Maybe one day I'll reminisce about those 10 years but for now it is sufficient to say that it was great to see some of my high school friends. Some I hadn't seen since graduation, some I see every Christmas (holiday season), but it was still great to see them and catch up. Being from a graduation class of around 50 people, you know everyone and are interested in what everyone is doing these days. It was fun to hear about those who weren't able to make it. (Yes, that's one of my senior pictures up there.)


2 Years!
The best 2 years of my life! ;0) On Monday, Richard & I celebrated our two year anniversary. In lots of ways, it totally seems like longer than two years... but, of course, in a good way. We were traveling back from my hometown for most of the day, but we did get back in time to go out to dinner and do a little shopping. Since the gifts for the 2nd anniversary are cotton or china, I got new sheets for our bed and Richard got 1 GB of "name brand" memory for our computer (made in China). I know, how romantic?! At least we can check those things off of our list of things to buy!


1 Sad Baby
Nelson's 1st tooth popped out about a week-and-a-half ago, and it's been a bunch of "ouch" moments ever since. Yes, I have been in pain, but he has been in even more. On our trip, he had a horrible time sleeping and eating. Poor baby! He was just miserable for most of the trip and was not happy self at all. I knew it was probably more than just teething that was making him so sad, so I took him to the doctor's yesterday. He has an ear infection in his right ear. Now he is on an antibiotic and benadryl for his cough and stuffy nose. He slept through the night last night for the first time in five days. He was much happier this morning, and I cannot wait for him to get back to him smiling and laughing all day.

5 comments:

M said...

i hate it when cruise gets a new tooth because for a whole week he is miserable and cranky! which, of course, makes us miserable and cranky. poor babies! congrats on celebrating two years!!! (doesn't it go by so fast?) and i hope nelson gets feeling better!

LeMira said...

I hope the reunion was fun and worthwhile. I decided not to go, and it turned out to be a good thing because Jackson was really sick that weekend. And he would have gotten it whether we went or not -- poor guy.

Moreau's said...

How fun to go to your reunion! I can't believe that your graduating class only had 50 people! That is crazy!
Congrats on being married two years! You guys are adorable!
I hope that Nelson feels better soon, teething is not fun for mom or baby, and why on earth do they seem to get all kinds of head things (i.e. ear infections, cold, etc..)while they are teething! Yuck! He still is soo dang cute! I love the picture of him crying!

Mardee Rae said...

Love the senior picture. You look gorgeous but you don't look like you've aged at all. Not that you're old enough to look "aged"...just, you are going to look the same forever, I think. Lucky!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the senior pictue. You make such a cute teenager. Thanks for that glimpse into your past.