Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Catchin' up...

Where to begin?...
So, it's been a few weeks since I've posted anything. Well, let me catch you up on a few things that have been happening with the Burrows bunch.
First off, we went to southern Nevada for almost a week. My sister from California was in town visiting my parents for a week, so we went to good ol' Panaca to see them. We only stayed there for a couple of days and then it was off to Vegas. There we caught up with some friends (old roommates and a girl I completed my Master's degree with - hey, Karissa can you email me some of those pictures?), went to my niece's wedding, and then to my nephew's mission farewell. It was quite the weekend in Vegas. Not only was it so, so hot, but it was packed full of things to do. It was fun, though, to see some of my siblings and their kids. Nelson was surrounded by some of his girl cousins, and he loved it. (Picture below is with his cousins watching a movie in the hotel room Sunday morning before church.)


While we were down in Nevada, I decided to invite my 11-year-old niece to come visit for the week. My parents and her mom were coming up the next weekend for my nephew's baptism, so I thought it would be fun to have her around for the week. It was fun for the most part. I just didn't get much done, and it was a lot harder than I thought it would be to entertain her. We did go to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point (my first time... and Nelson's too) and swimming, among other things.



As I said before, my nephew got baptized up here last weekend. My parents came up on Thursday and Destiny's mom and brother came up on Friday. It was great to have them here, but I have to say, I am so happy to have an empty house again. It's been nice to spend time with just the three of us... which we'll have less of now that Richard was called to be the new Young Men's President. Oh, which reminds me, anyone up for a girl's night out this weekend since it's Scout Camp? Thursday or Friday works for me! 




3 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! You've been busy, but what fun adventures. I'm always up for a girls night out.

Mardee Rae said...

It's nice to have an update! It's funny that you called the other day because I had just had a dream about you that morning. I'll try to call you this week, but meanwhile, keep up the blogging. The pic of N with cousins is so cute, and what's more loveable than a wet baby in a bath-towel?

J♥M said...

It's nice to see what fun you've been up to!
Nelson always makes my day!