Thursday, February 19, 2009

My 15-month-old Rockstar!

I snapped this picture this morning, right after Nelson woke up. Cool hair, dude!

Last Friday I took Nelson to his 15-month check-up.  It was a great success!  No, Nelson still cried when he got his shots, but I felt like the doctor really listened to my concerns about Nelson's chronic cough and congestion.  I had taken Nelson in twice since his year check-up, and the doctor practitioners kept saying it was a cold and we can't do anything for him.  A three-month cold where he throws up at least twice a week, constantly coughs, and sounds like Darth Vader when he breathes?  Anyway, the doctor gave a prescription for an antibiotic because he believes it is a bad sinus infection.  He also gave us the go ahead to have blood drawn to test for food allergies, with my prompting.  The test results came back negative for a milk allergy (which I was hoping for because Nelson loves his milk), but he does have a small allergy to eggs and nuts.  Nothing serious but something to remember.  So, hopefully it is just a sinus infection and the medicine clears him up because I always feel bad when he is at a play group and he starts coughing like he has Tuberculoses (I know I am his mother and have always sounded like I have some horrible disease, but I want the other moms to feel like it is safe for their children to play with mine).  Other than that, he is a normal, growing boy.  He is 32" long and 23 pounds.  His head is still small (in the 10%).  But, our little guy is growing up and learning new things every day.  He is so fun (not so much yesterday since I think his canines are coming in) to play with and laugh with!  We love you, Nelson!

Nelson & Karver started a Rock Band a couple of weeks ago, right in my own living room. They haven't chosen a band name, yet, so suggestions are welcomed! Notice, Karver had the awesome hair that day.

6 comments:

One mom said...

Your little boy is already 15 months! Wow, where has the time gone? It is so fun to watch him grow up on your blog. Sometime when I am in Utah, I would love to see you!

Britt said...

Wow! Love the hair. We know he's not sick so don't feel bad when you bring him to play group.

Kalista said...

What a super cute kid! I love his crazy morning hair! I can't wait for our visit in May! Addi often has wild hair in the morning too, so maybe we'll be able to get of picture of them together with rock star hair. I'm glad the doctors think they know why Nelson has had so much congestion and hopefully he gets better quick. So does the slight egg and nut allergy mean you'll keep him away from those foods? It's good that he isn't allergic to milk!

M said...

he gets cuter every day! i hope he gets feeling better soon!

Lindsey Bunjes said...

FYI, I always knew it was safe for Evelynn to play with him!

J♥M said...

It's always a party at your house! Love the new rock band! It'll be interesting to see what happens with the food allergies. They cause all kinds of ear nose and throat things. Mainly infections. How in the world did you get the dr to do the blood test? All my kids had ear and sinus infections all the time and I found out long later that they were allergic to milk! I wish you all the luck in the world. I swear, mom's know!