My sister-in-law, Kristi, told me I was a slacker on posting things to my blog so here is a little update on what we've been doing the past couple of weeks.
The picture above was taken at the BYU-Wyoming basketball game the last weekend of January. My friend, Lacey, came and stayed with us, so we hit up the basketball game and BYU. Our neighbors, the Carver's, met us there and we stayed until the kids were too hungry/antsy to stay any longer. Nelson liked all of the noise, action, and people for about twenty minutes and then he was entertained by snacks. It was fun to see Lacey and hang out with the Carver's outside of our little neighborhood.
On Wednesday, Nelson and I took a trip down to my parents'. My Mom had foot surgery last week, so we went to help out. Nelson had fun exploring a new house and playing with his cousins, Destiny and Michael. We came back a day early (Saturday) because of the bad weather and some how Richard sleeps in and forgets about responsibilities when I am not around. He missed us and we missed him, so we were happy to get back to our home. It was great to see my parents and give Nelson one-on-one time with them. One cute Nelson story: The first night we got there, my Dad was a little excited and kept saying, "Nelson. Nelson. Nelson." Well, after hearing his name about a dozen times, Nelson turned around and said, "Grandpa. Grandpa." See, he can play the name game, too, Grandpa!
So, that is our non-exciting catch-up. We will try to do something more exciting this next weekend and remember to take pictures. Some of our friends from California will be staying with us with their three boys, and we always do dress-up karaoke when they come into town. So, expect great things next week.





4 comments:
Jeanne-Marie, you are perfect for Richard. Thanks so much for keeping him on track :)
I just told Dave the other day that I wanted to do another dress up karaoke night! I am excited to hear when you will be planning this one.
I'm glad your mom is getting better.
That is so cute about Nelson saying grandpa. Kids really are cute.
Thanks for the update. I'm always so excited when you have a new post! :) I'd love to talk to you tomorrow so hopefully you'll be on Skype!
Post a Comment