Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Three Years!

Yep, three years ago today I married my hottness in the St.George Temple!  I have to say that it seems like we've been married way longer than that... in a good way.
I remember when we got engaged, I knew he was the right choice and I loved him, but he wasn't my best friend yet.  I love to collect friends especially best friends, but I felt like I had known my other friends longer and had more experiences with them.  I remember telling him that I couldn't wait for him to become my bestest friend of all!  And, it really didn't take that long at all!  Really, it just took us living in the same state together and some alone time... (Cancun below, on our honeymoon).
Three years and three states (Nevada, California, Utah), I would have never imagined our first home being in Utah.  (Richard told me when we were engaged that he would NEVER live in Utah.)  Now I can't imagine living anywhere else right now.  Choosing a job and place to live, buying a house, and having our first child have definitely brought us closer together.
And, all of those fun times!  He caught my eye boogying down on the dance floor, you know.  And although life is full of too much seriousness, my Richard proves to me time and again that he can have a good time... even if it requires some begging from me! 
We celebrated this past weekend with lots of fun!  

On Friday night, we went to the opera "Don Pasquale".  This really was a fun and entertaining opera.  If you've never seen an opera before and are afraid of it being too serious and boring, go to this one!  
Yesterday (Monday) we took Nelson to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy and liked it so much, we bought a year membership.  
We've also had lots of good food and are going to go do sealings in the St.George temple this weekend.  We know how to stretch out a celebration!
Thanks for three great year, Richard!  Here's to lots and lots more!

13 comments:

The Larsen's said...

Congrats! Isn't it crazy how fast time goes when you are having fun? We need to get together sometime soon!

Britt said...

You guys got married about the same time we moved here! Glad you liked the opera! And congats on the anniversary! I'm so happy that you moved to Utah. You guys are awesome!

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!

ashlee sheppard said...

Hey happy anniversary. You guys are so cute I love the wedding pic. You guys are great.

7packofbearss said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a great day and lots more together.

Aubs said...

Happy 3 yr. Anniversary! I hope there are many more happy years to come with many children to join your wonderful family! :)

Mardee Rae said...

Happy anniversary! I also can't believe it's been so long. Keep celebrating!

Traci said...

Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

Rachel M. said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! St. George is a great place (minus the heat, ha!)

spideybrian said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! You guys rock, I'm glad it was good for you!

Ashlee said...

Congrats!!! What a wonderful couple you two are!

Margaret said...

We loved coming down to St. George and sharing that special day with you. I remember being so impressed with how happy Richard was (and how handsome and sharp he looked, thanks to you, his stylist!). I'm so glad that you are part of our family. Can't wait to see you guys this week!

Mary said...

Happy anniversary! Great photos of an awesome couple.