I've had people tell me that I find the "best deals" and asked how I find them. Well, let me tell you, I don't have a magic fairy that just tells me, I search for them daily. While I don't have a magic fairy, I do have a few magic websites. Today, I am going to introduce you to my top 10 websites:
I have to start with this one because it is the site that started all this craziness. Two years ago my friend, Crystal, lead me to their sister site, Grocerysmarts, and I've been addicted ever since!
Pinching Your Pennies has a section for different states to discuss the deals that are specific for them. Love finding out that I don't need to go to Smith's in SS because they are out of the good items. They also have sections for online deals to share!
I mentioned them above, but you got to love a site that will provide you with a grocery list of all the sale items to all the grocery stores, let's you customize to your needs, and then print it! It also tells you if there is a coupon that goes along with the sale items that week!
I've blogged about this site before, but I love Target! This blogger writes posts specifically about good deals at Target. We don't have a grocery store in our local Target, but my mother-in-law's Target does, so I grab the grocery deals when I visit her. And, did you know that you can print coupons on the Target website that are Target store coupons that can be stacked (added to) your manufacturer coupons? This blogger let's you in on all the secrets!
I found this site through a friend's blog. It's a lot like other good deal blogs, but for some reason, I like this one the best. This blog is how I was finally convinced to join Swagbucks (wrote about this a few weeks ago and will probably talk about it again before this post is finished).
My friend, Jackie, introduced me to this site. The best thing about it is that this blogger is from Utah (really close to where I live), so although she blogs about good deals, most of the time they are applicable to my area. Head over there today and enter the giveaways she has posted! I probably won't win anything (horrible luck with give-aways), but I'm sure Jackie (she has amazing luck with winning things!) will and you may, too!
Another great deal finding website that is like the others. I am just putting this one up because they are also doing some cool give-aways this weekend and thought I would share (but if you win, you have to share the prize with me - ha ha)!
7) City Deals
City Deals is amazing! It gets you discounts to lots of stores, restaurants and activity places. Because of City Deals, we have been able to try some of the local places for cheap! A few weeks ago we bought the "Pass of All Passes" that will get us into Seven Peaks, Trafalga Lehi, Tragalga Orem, Utah Flash and Orem Owlz games until next Labor Day for $40 (or less)! We've also gotten gift cards for Pier 49 pizza, retail stores and the ever addicting Smoothie King (which I pair with the b1g1 free coupons in the Hometown Value magazines)! Today I got an email saying that they are clearing out some of their gift cards so there's extra savings on many places. You can even get gift cards to Chili's and Bath & Body Works for 20%!
This is the first "deal of the day" website I signed up for. They come out with one deal of the day (today's deal is 50% admission to Wheeler Farm's Fall festivities) for activities, services or restaurants in the area. We have painted a plate at "Color Me Mine" for Father's Day, rode the Heber Creeper railroad, and tried pie shakes at "Sammy's" in Provo because of this site.
9) Groupon
Another great "deal of the day" site. Groupon seems to be in more locations than Screaming Daily Deals and has deals in other cities that can be used for online shopping. I have bought two gift cards from here for Hapari (modest swimwear) and Love Stamped (a cute etsy shop that makes the stamped into metal jewelry and such). I'm tempted to buy the deal for New Jersey today which is a one-month subscription to a book supplier (think Netflix for books) for Richard. It's only $5 (usually $25), but I don't think a month would be long enough for Richard.
10) Swagbucks
And, last but not least, Swagbucks! Okay, it really isn't a deal site but what you get from it is a deal! I wrote about it a few weeks ago, but I'm going to write about it again because I love it! Basically, it is a search engine site (you can download their toolbar to make it easy) and you earn swagbucks (points) through searching on it. You will earn between 5 and 12 (sometimes more!) typically when you win randomly. It's really is hard to explain, but it works. I usually earn about 50 points a day. Then with your points you can "shop" in their store which has lots of stuff and gift cards. The Amazon gift card is the best deal (450 swagbucks), and Amazon has everything on it. So, I can earn a $5 gift card in nine days. Not bad right? Especially for doing nothing more than searching the web. And, I'll give you a tip: all of the above site I search for through Swagbucks and every day I earn points from their searches.
Another tip for Swagbucks, Groupon, Screaming Daily Deals, and City Deals; if you refer your friends to them (through a unique code given to you on the site), you earn bonuses! The last three give you a credit to spend on their site. Swagbucks lets you win additional points through your referrals (I didn't know this until some of you signed up through me - thanks!).
So as you can see, I do get great deals but it really is like a part-time job. Is it worth it? You choose! I think it is (and so does Richard)!
And, one more tip: although all of these site are free to use, they send out a lot of emails. I recommend setting up an email account just for the sites to send to. Then you can check your deal emails when you want and they aren't all together with your personal emails.
One more thing, if you want to see pictures of my real stay at home job, check back soon. I have lots of cute pictures and stories!




1 comments:
Ok I have been using swagbucks for a few days and I was wondering how you earn so much? I only earn maybe 20 a day. Any tips?
Post a Comment